Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Asap Will Windows Movie Maker Work On My Computer?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Warwick » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I need to know ASAP as I am trying to finish a project for school. I have a Microsoft Windows XP Professional operating system (it's a laptop ... not that that matters).

I've been trying to download the Windows packs, the actual movie maker for windows xp, etc etc and an error always ends up saying that I can't install it because it was THIS .. or my computer isn't THAT.

I don't know where else to try to download a movie maker. Does anyone know of a site where I can download the maker that will work on my computer? Must be free and legit. Links for the site would be wonderful ; )
Warwick

Postby Amren » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSQv710A...
Amren

Postby Terrill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 pm

I thought all versions of Windows XP installed WMM with the OS installation.
Have you looked in Start>Programs for Windows Movie Maker? Type Windows Movie Maker in the search box and see if it's there.

Unfortunately, you cannot install an individual XP version of WMM on an XP computer (because it is installed with the operating system).

BUT... while updating my links the other day (due to a new, 2012, version of Windows Live being released) I came across this older version of Windows Live Essentials which lists XP in the system requirements.
Initially, word from Microsoft was that no version of the Windows Live suite worked on XP computers.
I haven't tried to download and install this on my backup computer (which happens to be my old XP machine). http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...
Terrill

Postby Jurgen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:01 am

If the clips are handiest on the memory card and you could have eliminated the cardboard from the laptop after importing them, the laptop will not be ready to seek out the clips on the grounds that you removed the reminiscence card, which holds the info of the clips. Are attempting copying the clips on to the difficult power as a way to edit the movie without needing to attach the memory card, or maintain the memory card related while modifying the video. Most significantly, when you're done making the video, put up it. For those who don't post the movie and you ship the venture file itself to any person, they may end up receiving nothing however crimson x's. Hope this helped.
Jurgen

Return to Windows XP