Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Are There Any Trusted Driver Update Detectors Out There That You Don't Have To Pay For?

PC Hardware Discussion

Are There Any Trusted Driver Update Detectors Out There That You Don't Have To Pay For?

Postby Donavon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:06 am

Legal Windows copy updates

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Windows Update.

When @ Microsoft Updates, click the 'Custom' button, not the 'Express'.

This will give you hardware & software updates specific to your unit (hence the necessity to allow the 'Active X').

Express gives Windows operating system updates.

Tip: When your system is behaving itself, do a driver backup to a single CD so you can get to them again.

It gets harder and harder to find them, and many places charge to get them.

I use WINdrivers; excellent & free, from "PC World" here: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fi...

Use the 'identify & back up all drivers' for the first BU; & keep it with your unit.
Donavon

Postby Willy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Download.com has one but it will only find outdated drivers you have to find the updates yourself.
Willy

Postby MacAulay » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 am

none i can think of,i stop using them it causes bsod on my pc

best thing is to email or contact the manufacture of the motherbroad

or the pc,hp was going to charge me a $100 a hour to talk to a tech about installing a certain program that was denied access

i can see it now 2hours of hearing them say i don't have a answer for your issue
MacAulay

Return to PC Hardware