Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Adobe Illustrator Cs5 How Do You Get The Paint Brush Tool To Draw Exact?

Photography Discussion

Postby barnaby87 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 am

Say I am trying to trace over a heart, or any drawing with the paint brush tool. Or I am just trying to draw freehand in general. Yes I know photoshop is better for that but I want this document to be a vector. Is there any way to use the paintbrush tool and draw so it is exact and not just shifting the design when you are done with a certain line. For example you draw over a heart image and it shift the points to where ever it chooses instead of landing the line exactly where you drew it...
barnaby87

Postby domingo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:20 am

Illustrator is easily the best application for drawing vector designs - though personally I prefer the lines via the free Inkscape vector application. You can also find excellent plugins for drawing much better lines in Illustrator via Astute Software (Drawscribe)

You can double click on the brush icon in Illustrator and tweak various things such as fidelity - set them to the lowest values and it should then roughly match the drawing - without the re-draw Illustrator applies - same with the blob brush, set both settings to the lowest
domingo

Return to Photography