Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Acer Desktop Pc Can't Start Windows Xp, So I Can't Use The Computer. What Could Have Caused The Problem?

Desktop Discussion

My Acer Desktop Pc Can't Start Windows Xp, So I Can't Use The Computer. What Could Have Caused The Problem?

Postby Tanjiro » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 pm

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

c:\windows\system32\config\system

You can attempt repair this file by starting windows set-up using original set-up CD-ROM. Select 'r' at first screen to start repair."

This desktop PC comes with 2 CDs - 1. Acer Power/Aspire System and 2. Acer Recovery CD.

Desktop PC users out there especially ACER users, please advise - what should I do to solve this problem???
Tanjiro

Postby Stoke » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 am

The Window is corrupted. Reinstall the Windows and it will be fine. It might be caused by virus or corruption of system files.
Stoke

Postby Giuseppe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

can you start in safe mode and do a "system Restore"
Giuseppe

Postby Akihiko » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 pm

It sounds like a virus may have done some considerable damage.
You could either A.)go to a store, buy a windows XP CD and run the repair utility from there, or B.)run the Acer Recovery CD which should revert it back to the state in which it was bought.
Akihiko

Return to Desktops